Frank M. Walker
Green & Walker, hardware merchants of Chattanooga, established their
business August 1, 1886, at their present quarters, 828 Market Street. They
carry a large and well selected stock of general hardware and mechanic's tools,
and control a large share of the trade in city and county. The individual
members are William T. Green, and Frank
M. Walker. Mr. Green was born in Knox County, Tenn., in 1849, and is a son of
the late Augustus P. Green of this city, who died in this county in 1878.
William Green was reared and educated in Hamilton County. In 1874 he engaged in
mercantile pursuits near Memphis, Tenn.; in 1880 returned to Chattanooga, and
for four years has been engaged in the hardware business. He has been quite
successful in this occupation. He is a Democrat, a Mason, and is one of
Chattanooga's reliable businessmen. Frank M. Walker (other member of the firm),
was born in Rogersville, Hawkins Co., Tenn., April 3, 1863, and is the son of
the late Gen. Frank M. Walker who was killed during the late war. Frank R.
Walker, Jr., was educated in Rogersville, and in 1880 came to Chattanooga, where
he learned the hardware business with J. R. Warner & Co. In 1886 he engaged
in his present business with Mr. Green. June 2,1886, he married Miss Maggie
Whitman, of Georgia. Mr. Walker is a Democrat in politics, and is a wide-awake
thorough-going business man.
"History of East Tennessee" 1887